DAY (1): HCM arrival (city tour depends on arrival time) (–/D)
• Meet on arrival at Ho Chi Minh City / Tan Son Nhat International Airport and transfer to hotel.
• Ho Chi Minh City, still called Saigon by many locals, is a center of commerce, finance, culture and tourism in Vietnam.
• The sightseeing tour acquaints us with the city’s major sights.
• We pass the nowdemolished wartime American Embassy before exploring the Reunification Palace which was the former residence of the President of South Vietnam until end of April 1975.
• Close to this palace are some French colonial structures including the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Old Sai Gon Post Office.
DAY (2): HCM fullday city tour – Cu Chi tunnels ) (B/L/D)
• Breakfast at the hotel
• At 08:00, we drive to Cu Chi (75 km northwest of Ho Chi Minh City) to visit an amazing complex of underground tunnels the former stronghold of Viet Cong with a network of tunnels three levels deep stretching over 200 km.
• Return Ho Chi Minh City.
• Lunch at local restaurant.
• Afternoon, visit Chinatown, Thien Hau Pagoda, the History Museum
• Overnight in Ho Chi Minh.
DAY (3): HCM – Ben Tre (Mekong delta) – Can Tho (B/L/D)
• After breakfast at hotel, At 08:00 our tour guide will take you to the Mekong Delta.
• Arrive My Tho city,get on private boat(with cover) cruise on the Mekong river (Tien river) visit Quy island,enjoy tropical fruits in the orchard.
• Continue to a part of Bentre province you will have the opportunity to watch local villagers producing coconut candy in the workshop, 5 minute trekking on the village way and try rickshaw or cart (draw by horse), Cruising through the smaller canals on local sampans, try honey in bee keeping house.
• Lunch at a local restaurant with specialty of Mekong region: Deep fried “Elephant ear fish” rolled with rice papper.
• Excursion to Can Tho, check in hotel.
DAY (4): Can Tho – HCMC (B/L/D)
• 07:30: After breakfast at hotel, get on boat to visit Cai Rang floating market, you can see bustling activities along Can Tho riverbanks.
• Particularly, you may know how local people go fishing with plenty of fish traps and how they transport passengers as well as products by the waterway.
• Approaching Cai Rang floating market, you can reappear the selling activities in the past using a traditional “offering pole” exchanging consumer goods hanging on the pole for Mekong fruit and vegetables with local sellers.
• To understand more about lifestyle over here, keep on going into the small creeks called Rach Nho in which the Southern countryside can be seen clearly before cruising back to Ninh Kieu Wharf.
• 12:00: Check out hotel.
• Lunch at a local restaurant.
• 14:00: Afternoon, back to Ho Chi Minh city.
DAY (5): HCM city – Departure (B/-)
• After breakfast, transfer to the airport for departure flight.
5 Star : Rex Hotel or similar
CAN THO HOTELS:
5 Star : Victoria or similar